For Sale By Owner: 3200 Square Foot Home on
Price reduced! $219,900
Read about our 3200 square foot home/organic farm in very quiet, private, peaceful setting.
4/5 bedroom, 3.5 bath home with front half of basement above ground level.
20 acres are cleared with 15 acres in fenced pasture and 20 acres of Ozark woodlands.
Here are some of the beautiful views around the property
Setting is 20 acre open clearing in the middle of the woods with a pretty view behind the house. Half mile long private road takes you to the small farm nestled in the Ozark woodlands.
Blue Jays, Cardinals, Goldfinches,
Chickadees, Wild Turkeys, Squirrels & Deer will be your nearest neighbors.
We also see occasional visits from Blue Herons, Wood Ducks, Mallards, Box Turtles & Armadillos.
Your nearest human neighbors will be about a half mile away on all sides.
Google Map link
The below photo represents the approximate boundaries of the 40 acre property. This satellite photo was taken in spring, 2005. We had just bulldozed 15 acres of pastureland and the grass was just starting to come in.
We are only 10 miles from a Wal-Mart Supercenter, large health food store, 2 farm supply stores and more in Ava.
Mansfield is 12 miles north of us, home and museum of Laura Ingalls Wilder (Author of the Little House on the Prairie books).
Springfield is a 60 minute drive from our home. 75 minutes to Branson.
* Rose garden in the front of the home (30+ rose plants!) next to trellis entrance.
* Heat pump with electronic thermostat heats the home in cooler weather and cools the home in the summer.
* 100% efficient vent-free heaters (one on each floor) also heat the home in colder weather.
* New septic system with concrete tank installed in 2005.
* Well recently redrilled to a greater depth. Newer water tank, Water taste is excellent. Everyone loves our water!
* High efficiency Andersen windows throughout the home.
* Basement level completely resealed in 2003 with Tuff & Dry sealant. Basement is dry and mold free.
* 2 full kitchens; One on each floor. This home could easily accommodate 2 families, one on each floor with full accommodations (bathrooms, kitchens & bedrooms). See photos and description of each floor below.
Approximately 3200 square feet of living space, including sun room overlooking front lawn and pond 40 feet below.
Park-like setting with large oaks, walnut, pine, and cedar trees.
Newly remodeled walk out basement with beautiful new double door entrance with side lights.
* Large Wood burning fireplace insert upstairs. Takes 27" long logs up to 10" in diameter.
* Large wrap around deck with French doors entering sunroom and brand new Andersen sliding glass door entering master bedroom. Accessible to the ground.
DOWNSTAIRS - Completely Remodeled.
** Please note the large room sizes. We don't have a wide angle camera to capture the whole room in these photos. **
Dining/kitchen area: 19 X 19 - This dining area could function as a second family room/living room if desired.
Downstairs Bathroom: 11 X 8 - Spacious bathroom was remodeled in 2003.
Bedroom: 13 X 19- Large closet and new windows make this a very nice bedroom.
Bedroom: 16 X 16- Currently functioning as a sewing room. This is the only room in the house with no windows.
Bedroom/Office: 13 X 29 -Has a walk-in closet with shelving. Whiteboard was used for homeschooling.
PLUS - Unfinished Pantry Room for storing canned vegetables, housing additional freezers, etc.
UPSTAIRS: - Partially Remodeled.
Dining/family room area: 14 X 29 - Windows all around you will overlook the surroundings.
Kitchen: 8 X 17 - Includes Dishwasher & Garbage disposal
Laundry Room: 9 X 8 - Includes full sink
Master Bedroom: 16 X 20 - Very large bedroom opens up to the wrap around deck outside. Room has 4 closets, one of which is shared with master bathroom. Another is lined with cedar.
Master Bathroom: 8 X 22 - This bathroom is actually 3 rooms. A washroom with 2 sinks and geriatric tub, a double shower room and separate room with toilet.
Main Bathroom: 5 X 8 - New vanity top and faucet fixture. A door separates this bathroom from the master bathroom.
Bedroom: 12 X 16 - Recently remodeled, has a small 1/2 bath attached.
* Approximately 15 acres of organic (not certified but no chemicals have been used) pasture with a pond in the middle. Possible home site.
* Unlike most fescue pastures in Missouri, our pasture grass is non toxic to ruminant animals (we planted friendly endophyte!).
* Pasture land was recently cleared with pretty views. On a clear day you can see trains going through Mansfield 8 miles away.
* Newer pasture fencing (installed in 2005) with 5 gates for convenient entrances.
* 38 X 48 Barn with water access. Originally built as a rabbit barn. Partially concreted.
* 30 X 40 Fenced Organic Garden spot. Raised bed with the topsoil trucked in.
* 12 X 22 Shed with loft.
* 8 X 16 Sheep or Goat Shelter
OTHER NOTEWORTHY FEATURES:
Wet weather spring fed pond
Large cave within walking distance on mostly unused property below.
Several cedar trees, 7 black walnut trees surround the home, plus various fruit trees (Apple, peach, pear)
One of the largest Mulberry trees you'll ever see is next to the pond.
Level spot for 18' round swimming pool (We use a metal frame bladder style pool)
Second septic system behind the barn, currently unused
Good turkey and deer hunting property.
Water and 80 Amp electric service running to an area approximately 300 foot from the house (currently incomplete, creating RV camper sites are the intent
Yes, every home and property you buy will have negatives and positives. We'll save you the trouble of looking for our negatives and tell you up front what they are:
Driveway coming in is steep and may require periodic maintenance. However, the county will usually come out and grade it for you upon request. We have an alternative driveway below the house that is not steep at all but takes a little longer to get to town.
Exterior of home could be updated. Currently using lap siding; vinyl siding would be a good improvement.
Pasture is rockier and more weedy than some farms in Missouri (ideal for sheep and goats, but cattle & horses are fine too)
Property can use some cleaning up in some areas (removal/burning of brush). Lawn grass and landscaping needs improvement in some areas.
Barn could use some new exterior paint and replacement of a few boards inside. Barn roof has a couple of minor leaks but this is not causing problems. Interior of barn is part concrete and part dirt.
Questions? Call us at 417-683-1910.
Thanks for looking!